Bring Anne Isaacs to your classroom or school to talk about her books, the writerʼs life, or the craft of writing. She will tailor her talk to your needs and to any size or type of group, grades K-12. With a ﬁrst career in elementary curriculum development, and a second career in writing, Anne offers a wealth of experience and a diverse range of topics to choose from. Her humor and love of children shine through as she engages one-on-one, helping students to ﬁnd ideas and turn them into stories. In every school she visits, Anne offers a bonus: a curriculum workshop for teachers during lunch break or after school. Let her presentations and positive energy inspire your students and help bring writing alive throughout the curriculum!
Book sales at the school can generate income for school programs and leave a lasting legacy of personalized, autographed copies for the school library. Anne will also personally inscribe books for students, providing a treasured memory of her visit.
Below is a sampling of Anneʼs talks:
- Writing a Tall Tale (class workshop)
- Children in the Holocaust: the true stories behind Torn Thread (class talk or large assembly, with unique images from Anneʼs research in Eastern Europe)
- From Idea to Book: how I wrote [__ ﬁll in your choice of Anneʼs titles]
- Tall Tales and the Settling of America (Power Point for students)
- How to Get Ideas and What To Do Next (intro to creative writing)
- Intermediate and Advanced Creative Writing Workshops (tailored to your needs)
- Do you Know Mick Jagger? Whatʼs your Favorite Ice Cream? How Much Do You Earn? (Q & A about anything and everything)
For teachers and librarians:
- Teaching the Holocaust with Torn Thread (presentation with curriculum handouts)
- Teaching with Tall Tales (interdisciplinary, hands-on workshop with handouts)
- Creative Writing Workshops for adults at conferences or bookstores (topics include: building character, the role of setting, the poetics of prose, and how to get a childrenʼs book published)
- My Life in Books: How I Became a Writer and the Stories Behind the Books